Confined Space Management Services
Confined space entry and exit is one of the most challenging safety issues our owner clients face. Time sensitive maintenance schedules require careful planning and execution of maintenance work in permit required confined areas.
Facility wide outages may require multiple and simultaneous confined space entries presenting a challenge to the Safety Department to ensure each attendant is trained and competent in the unique hazards present at each location. 3S TEAM, LLC offers trained confined space attendants who understand the procedures required and how to execute their duties and co-ordinate safely with emergency responders so that if required, responders are properly assisted and not hampered in their efforts.
With confined spaces scattered plant wide, 3S TEAM , LLC is your resource for procuring quality, professionally trained hole watch attendants to help meet your confined space entry requirements.
Permit Required Guidelines
By definition, a confined space:
- Is large enough for an employee to enter fully and perform assigned work.
- is not designed for continuous occupancy by the employee; and
- Has a limited or restricted means of entry or exit.
- These spaces may include underground vaults, tanks, storage bins, pits and diked areas, vessels, silos and other similar areas.
By definition, a permit required confined space has one or more of these characteristics:
- Contains or has the potential to contain a hazardous atmosphere;
- Contains a material with the potential to engulf someone who enters the space;
- Has an internal configuration that might cause an entrant to be trapped or asphyxiated by inwardly converging walls or by a floor the slopes downward and tpaers to a smaller cross section; and/or
- Contains any other recognized serious safety or health hazards.